Home alone with me and my sick thoughts........

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Return of the Prodigal PCT

Today I returned to work in the Critical Care Unit and yes, 12 hours later I am sore and a bit tired  and much happier for it.  It seems my absence indeed had an impact, and nothing boosts your esteem better than to have been sorely missed.  It seems that my value as a resource has even earned me assurances from my boss that she's more than happy for me to work forty hours a week (as opposed to only 36) or even more if it keeps the unit covered with that one invaluable PCT.  So, next schedule I'll be working an interesting mix of 12 and 8 hour shifts, which I think I can handle better than additional straight twelves.

And the finger performed admirably, if I may say so myself.........

1 comment:

jules said...

Isn't it sweet to be recognized for work well done!